Easy Egg Drop Soup
Every year we have a big family dinner at P.F. Changs. It is something I look forward to all year long. Not only does the restaurant have an AMAZING GF menu, but they also have a separate area where they prep the gluten free dishes. However, if you haven't ever had their egg drop soup, I recommend you either get in your car and find a local P.F. Chang restaurant, or save this recipe, and prepare to make it on repeat.
Out of all the years I went to P.F. Changs and drooled over this soup, I oddly never once thought to try and make it myself.. This year, my brother in law and I looked at each other, and were determined to cook this at home. We did some research on recipes that were out on the web, and found one we wanted to work off of. However, the first night I made it, my boyfriend and I were so disappointed in how little it made. So, below is my double batch recipe, but I will not judge you if you triple it ha!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!!!
- 64 oz of Chicken Broth + 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon ground or freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 green onions, chopped, including ends UNLESS you are on the FODMAP diet, then I replace with 2 stalks of celery finely chopped.
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot, bring stock, ginger, soy sauce, and celery or green onions to a boil
- While waiting for the broth to boil:
Mix 1 T cornstarch + 2 T chicken broth
Lightly mix 4 eggs in a separate small bowl
- Once the stock is at a boil slowly add in the cornstarch mix until it begins to thicken
- Turn down heat to a simmer, and add in the 4 lightly beaten eggs
- Immediately begin to stir in only one direction until the eggs flake
- Turn off heat, garnish with your onions or parsley flakes, and serve immediately
SUCH an easy but delicious recipe that everyone will love!! Enjoy! Don't forget to tag me if you try this recipe yourself.