Family Favorite Lasagna
Updated: Dec 29, 2019
Growing up, lasagna night was one of our favorite nights! I can honestly say, I have never met anyone who has not been obsessed with my moms lasagna recipe. Seriously, I am not sure anyone will ever be able to make better tasting lasagna. Lucky for you, the past few years, my mom and I have been tweaking the recipe slightly to get that same amazing taste in a gluten and dairy free version. This year, we nailed it!!
- 1 box of Tinkyada Gluten free lasagna noodles
- 1 package of dairy free mozzarella cheese (recommended brand:Follow your heart)
- 1 lb. lean hamburger or Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage
- 1 T. Basil
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- One 1 lb. can of tomatoes
- 2 6 oz. cans of tomato paste
- 1 package of dairy free Parmesan cheese
- 2 T. parsley flakes
- 3 beaten large eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 375
- Brown meat slowly, remove any excess fat.
- Once browned, mix in the remaining meat sauce ingredients.
(1 T. Basil, 1 1/2 tsp. salt, One 1 lb. can of tomatoes, two 6 oz. cans of tomato paste)
- Simmer uncovered 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While this mixture is simmering:
-Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water, until tender, drain and rinse.
(To prevent noodles sticking together add a splash of olive oil).
- In a separate bowl, create the egg mixture
(DF Parmesan cheese, 2 T. parsley flakes, 3 beaten large eggs, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper)
- In a baking dish lay half of the noodles on the bottom of the pan.
Use an 8x8 pan for thicker lasagna, or 13x9x2 for slightly thinner.I use 8x8.
- Spread half of the egg/ Parmesan filling evenly on top of the noodles.
- Then spread half of the meat sauce.
- Layer the mozzarella cheese on top and repeat these layers.
Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes. Make sure to let the lasagna sit for about 10 minutes before serving. ENJOY! I would love to hear how you like this recipe, so tag me the next time its lasagna night!!