Fresh Strawberry Pie
Summertime is the perfect time to load up on fresh strawberries! This pie recipe is so simple yet so mouthwatering good. Due to the dough being pre-made, you can trick your friends and family into thinking you've been slaving away in the kitchen for hours. The best part about this recipe is that there is only 6 ingredients that need to be purchased!
- Pillsbury Gluten Free Pie & Pastry Dough
- 2 Cup Sliced Strawberries
- 2 1/2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 (3 oz) box Strawberry Gelatin (Jell-O)
- Heat over to 425
- Remove dough and divide in half (half for the bottom & half for the top of the pie)
- Knead until softened (not crumbly)
- Flatten dough into a large circle, to prevent sticking I like to do this in between two sheets of wax paper.
- Simply take off the top sheet of waxed paper and flip into the 9 inch pie pan.
- Firmly press crust against pie pan and crimp the edge.
- Use for to poke a few wholes in the bottom of the crust.
- Bake bottom pie crust for 10-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown
- Stir together water, sugar and cornstarch and bring to a boil.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Remove from heat, and add Jell-O until dissolved.
- Mix in the fresh strawberries, and pour into pie pan.
** At this point either refrigerate until set & decorate with Non-Dairy Reddi Wip (yes that is a real thing finally) before serving OR you can continue with the steps below to get that famous criss- cross crust look! **
CRISS- CROSS CRUST LOOK:
- Follow the steps from above to use the other half of the dough, knead, and flatten.
- Take a pizza cutter or sharp knife and cut into strips
- Layer the strips in a horizontal manner, and again in a vertical manner
- Once you have the design you are looking for, cover the outer edges of the pie crust with aluminum foil to avoid burning.
- Put back into the oven for an additional 5 minutes or so until the crust is light brown.