- Bloated Belly Co.
Fresh Strawberry Pie
Summertime is the perfect time to load up on fresh strawberries! This pie recipe is so simple yet so mouthwatering good. Due to the dough being pre-made, you can trick your friends and family into thinking you've been slaving away in the kitchen for hours. The best part about this recipe is that there is only 6 ingredients that need to be purchased!
- Pillsbury Gluten Free Pie & Pastry Dough
- 2 Cup Sliced Strawberries
- 2 1/2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 (3 oz) box Strawberry Gelatin (Jell-O)
- Heat over to 425
- Remove dough and divide in half (half for the bottom & half for the top of the pie)
- Knead until softened (not crumbly)
- Flatten dough into a large circle, to prevent sticking I like to do this in between two sheets of wax paper.
- Simply take off the top sheet of waxed paper and flip into the 9 inch pie pan.
- Firmly press crust against pie pan and crimp the edge.
- Use for to poke a few wholes in the bottom of the crust.
- Bake bottom pie crust for 10-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown
- Stir together water, sugar and cornstarch and bring to a boil.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Remove from heat, and add Jell-O until dissolved.
- Mix in the fresh strawberries, and pour into pie pan.
** At this point either refrigerate until set & decorate with Non-Dairy Reddi Wip (yes that is a real thing finally) before serving OR you can continue with the steps below to get that famous criss- cross crust look! **
CRISS- CROSS CRUST LOOK:
- Follow the steps from above to use the other half of the dough, knead, and flatten.
- Take a pizza cutter or sharp knife and cut into strips
- Layer the strips in a horizontal manner, and again in a vertical manner
- Once you have the design you are looking for, cover the outer edges of the pie crust with aluminum foil to avoid burning.
- Put back into the oven for an additional 5 minutes or so until the crust is light brown.