Homemade Potato Salad
Now that it is finally grilling season, nothing pairs better with grilled meats than a big scoop of potato salad.
However, for us IBS sufferers and Celiac pals, we can't just dive right into any potato salad. Some are filled with onions, some with non gluten free vinegar, and some with spices that our tummies are not quite friends with.
Rather than missing out on the worlds best side dish; Make a large batch of this delicious potato salad and have two, hell, even 4 scoops of this!
- 5 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 cups mayo
- 1 cup refrigerated sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 5 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and place in a large pan. Fill the pot with cold water and turn on high. Once boiling, cook the potatoes for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
- In a separate bowl mix all the remaining ingredients: mayo, relish, mustard, apple cider vinegar, celery seeds, paprika, salt & pepper + the chopped eggs, celery, and dill.
- Once potatoes are cooked and tender, drain, and chop the potatoes into smaller chunks (they will be a bit mushy).
- Add potatoes, while warm, into the bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Make sure to refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving, but for best flavor, serve the next day!