Homemade Turkey Meatballs
I have had several failed attempts at making homemade meatballs that 1.) Taste good 2.) Do not fall apart 3.) Do not have over 15 ingredients that need to be bought. It may just be me but our lives are already a tad more complex having to avoid gluten & dairy in every bite of food we eat; Who wants the added complexity of going to buy 20+ ingredients to get a filling & delicious meal? NOT ME.
This simple meatball recipe is one that should be stored in that good ole fashion recipe box! I recommend doubling the recipe and freezing half and defrosting when your ready to use them. I will be using mine for upcoming subs, pastas, bake-dish, and pizzas. Enjoy this versatile recipe and let me know your thoughts! Xo - A
- Ground Turkey (16 oz)
- 2 Eggs
- Small handful of Daiya (dairy free) Shredded Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Scharr breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Salt ( I used Pink Himalayan salt)
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
** For those not on the FODMAP diet, also add in: **
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon onion powder
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and mix together by hand.
- Use a cookie scoop to divide evenly sized meatballs onto a lined cookie sheet.
- Go back to each scoop of meat and roll into a ball gently with your hands.
- Bake in the oven for roughly 15-16 minutes (depending on the size) Be sure to check they are fully cooked by cutting into one of the meatballs.