Jalapeño Brown Sugar Crockpot Chicken
For those who just want to come home from a long day of work, kick your feet up, and enjoy a delicious dinner.... this one is for you! Let the crock pot take some work off your hands during a busy work day/week.
The night before you want this recipe, put all the ingredients in the crock pot and store in the fridge. Right before you leave for work the next morning, take out of the fridge, & turn the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours. Due to all the juices in the recipe, do not worry about the chicken drying out; 8 hours will make the chicken that much more shred worthy & juicy!
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 3-4 to 1 jalapeno chopped finely
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- Place all ingredients in the crock pot (chicken laid flat on the bottom).
- Cook on low for roughly 6-8 hours or until you can pull the chicken apart with a fork.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and shred on a cutting board with two forks OR shred right inside the crock pot!
My favorite way to enjoy this recipe is to fry corn tortillas on the stove with some olive oil to get them nice and crispy! Serve with fresh cilantro and squeeze some additional lime juice or add some hot sauce to the top!
If you whip up this recipe, I would love to hear from you! I love to see when others try my recipes; so leave me a comment on the website, or post a photo of it on Instagram, and tag me at @bloatedbelly_co ! Xoxo -A