Pumpkin season is in full swing, so what better way to celebrate fall than with this moist, tender, deliciously spicy pumpkin bread! This recipe took me a few tries as I like my pumpkin bread generously spiced with an undertone of sweetness; So, you will find a hefty dose of spices in this recipe. I recommend baking this when you are expecting company otherwise you may end up like me eating 5 slices before it even fully cooled. Now that it is chilly out, my body craves warm flavorful bread to pair with my morning coffee.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Bob Reds Mill Gluten Free Flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 small dash of ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together besides the coconut oil.
- Once all ingredients are mixed together, melt coconut oil in the microwave. Pour melted oil into the batter and stir in immediately (as it can harden if you do not do this as the last step).
- Grease the 8x4 bread pan, and pour mixture evenly into the pan.
- I added homemade cinnamon sugar pumpkin seeds to the top of mine, but walnuts, or a dash of cinnamon is a great option as well!
- Bake the bread at 350 for about 50 minutes.
- Check to ensure it is fully cooked by sticking in a toothpick to the middle of the bread. Once it comes out clean, you can remove from the oven & let cool for about 1-2 hours.
If you whip up this recipe, I would love to hear from you! I love to see when others try my recipes; so leave me a comment on the website, or post a photo of it on Instagram, and tag me at @bloatedbelly_co ! Xoxo -A