Raspberry Infused Cream Cheese Cupcakes
Updated: Sep 8
Lets be honest. You came here for the recipe, not to hear why I made these, or what childhood memory they reminded me of.. Am I right? So let's cut to the chase and go enjoy this recipe!! Check out https://nomemadegf.com/ for more awesome gluten free baked good recipes!
FOR THE CUPCAKES:
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 1/4 cups all purpose gluten-free flour blend (I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup dairy-free milk (I use coconut milk)
2 teaspoons gluten free vanilla extract
FOR THE RASPBERRY FILLING:
2 cups raspberries, thawed if frozen
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 T cornstarch
FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
8 ounces cream cheese, softened (I used Daiya)
I/2 cup plus 1 T butter, softened (I used Earth Balance Vegan Butter)
4 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt (if using unsalted butter)
For the cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Position rack in center of oven. Line cupcake pan with paper liners; set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine oil and sugar.
3. Add eggs and beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for one minute. Add flour, salt, baking powder, dairy-free milk, and vanilla extract (or paste); beat at medium speed for one minute.
4. Spoon batter evenly into cupcake liners. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the centers springs back when touched and cupcakes are very lightly browned.
5. Let cool in the pan on rack for five minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan onto rack and cool completely before frosting.
For the Raspberry filling:
1. Thaw raspberries if frozen. 2. Add raspberries to blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
3. Strain mixture through fine mesh sieve to remove seeds if desired.
4. Add mixture to medium saucepan.
5. Add in sugar and cornstarch.
6. Stirring consistently, cook mixture over medium heat until mixture is thick and boiling. Allow mixture to boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat. Refrigerate and allow mixture to cool completely.
7. Once cooled, put into a piping bag, poke hole in the center of the cupcake, and fill.
For the cream cheese frosting: 1. Cream together softened butter and softened cream cheese until smooth. 2. Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and beat until well incorporated. 3. Add vanilla extract , salt (if using) and remaining 2 cups of powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
4. Put into a piping bag, and frost from the center to the outside. Keep refrigerated until about 30 min prior to serving.